We filled the then-fancy 5 CD changer with CDs to listen to while we cleaned and each person picked something on the list to tackle. We stopped when the list was done and I think there was usually some small "prize" for completion.
Today I decided that I needed and wanted to clean my apartment from top to bottom. I turned on iTunes to shuffle, took one vacumming break to talk on the phone (but still dusted while chatting), and I got the whole place clean.
Now that it is super clean, I want to maintain so that I don't have to dedicate a full Sunday to chores again. That will hopefully work out...especially since dusting and vacumming regularly are important and I've been lax.
However, as a reward to myself (I think my mom used to reward us with pizza and a movie) I bought flowers at the deli across the street. This is after I restocked my cleaning supplies :)
Here are the flowers, a lovely $12 reward for a busy day of cleaning.

No comments:
Post a Comment