Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Christmas

I think the best two presents I got this Christmas were not technically material items and they were sort of presents I gave myself, but they definitely helped me relax and enjoy the holidays.

1. 10 days in California. I left Dec 23rd super early in the morning and didn't come back until Jan 2. Even better, my office was closed Dec 24th until Jan 4. It was an amazing break from the cold and hustle and bustle of New York, as well as a true break from work. I came back refreshed, though I don't think anyone on Jan 4 was really ready to be back at work.

2. I flew business class both ways! This was truly the best thing I could have done for myself this trip. I used airline miles in June to book my holiday ticket and lo and behold, when you book 6 months in advance, business class can be the same amount of miles as coach. I was completely spoiled and literally never want to go back, to the back of the plane, in coach. I had a blanket, reclining seat, watched movies, and felt like I was really a VIP. Can't wait to save up some miles and try to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment