Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Is it Friday yet?

Wow this week has been long, and it is only Wednesday. I knew coming back from vacation would be tough; the office was closed Christmas Eve through the 5th, but it is amazing how your body really does adjust to vacation mode. I've been exhausted every night leaving work this week, I think this weekend will be a great chance to recoup. And unfortunately, it means I have not yet hit the gym post work...so I'm not doing so hot on the "go to the gym more" resolution. I did play tennis Monday night, so I'm not a total slug.

Of course, it doesn't help that all the little projects we put off "until after the holidays" "in the New Year" "in Jan" are now here and upon us. All the things I didn't want to do before Christmas, I still don't want to do. But now, there is no good reason to not get things done.

However, I am not complaining. I have a very good job and at the moment, job security. That is truly a blessing right now, especially in New York. I am just surprised at how hard it is to get back into the groove.

It will only make the weekend so much sweeter! 2 more days!

1 comment:

  1. Well, your blog is now officially in my "favorites" along with Jessica, Jace and Uncle Tom's "Deer in the Headlights" blog...so just like your Dad, I can kind of try to keep track of what people are up to...and its a lot easier than trying to follow all the whacky comments and threads on Facebook...anyway, glad you have job security...man times are tough...we are always thinking of when we can escape and come up there...maybe we will come up for Valentines Day/Presidetn's Day...I'll keep you posted...oh, and we joined a gym for 2009 and I must say I have been going a lot...Lisa unfortunately is too busy...take care.

    ReplyDelete