Saturday, April 11, 2009

Bunny Bread

When we were little, my mom used to make Bunny Bread for Easter. I remember getting up Easter morning and have hard boiled, dyed eggs and bunny bread for breakfast before church. I think one year we tied ribbons on the bunnies and I'm sure some were given as gifts. So, this year, feeling a little Easter-y, I made my own bunny bread.

And...the memory is definitely better than the actual product. My bunnies aren't as pretty as I remembered them to be and I had some trouble keeping all the raisin eyes intact, but they were fun to make and I have about half that are gift-worthy that I can take to Easter dinner with friends tomorrow.

The other thing is, I'm a little scared to work with yeast, so this was my first foray into bread baking. Considering that, I'm pleased they rose and came out okay.
Pictures below are before, after, and one of the cuter bunnies.


















2 comments:

  1. So cute! And yeah, yeast/bread baking aren't my favorite either, despite the million shows I've watched about bread- and pizza-making on the Food Network and other channels.... I applaud your courage to try this recipe, though!

    ReplyDelete