Haha- bet I got you intrigued with that title. Sorry, it's been a crazy May, my sense of humor may be skewed. Anyway....
I have a confession to make. I really don’t like Oprah. I think she’s a fine person but I do not like her show. I do not like how much people allow themselves to be influenced by her and I do not understand how so many people love her.
I guess my specific issue is with her TV show, which luckily for me is ending soon. I DVRed an episode recently because I was interested in the person and topic featured but I found her interview style to be very annoying. It was as if she was pushing her own agenda and trying to put words in people’s mouths. This could have just been based on who she was interviewing, but I know in the past, I’ve been unimpressed with the quality of the information you get from a person when they’re on Oprah’s couch.
I also feel like the second half hour is FILLED with commercials. Now, I work in advertising so I really can’t disparage commercials and I’m not. It’s the way they are unbalanced. It seems in the beginning of the show, you have long uninterrupted segments and then in the second half after a person answers one question, there’s a commercial break.
Anyway, to all you Oprah lovers, I won’t pick on you. But I also really can’t get into this show that everyone loves.
Thursday, May 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment