Though Veteran's Day gets less and less acknowledgement every year, I try to pay special attention to this day. I have very fond memories growing up in Bakersfield going to the Veteran's Day parade- some years as a spectator and other's marching in the junior high band. It was always a fun day off (and near my birthday, so sometimes a 3 day weekend to celebrate!) but now I have an even greater appreciation for what the day signifies.
I admire and appreciate everything our military does every day. 1 day a year isn't enough to thank them or acknowledge them.
So on this day, I'm saying a prayer for my friends and their husbands who are on active duty as well as a thank you prayer for all who have served before.
Please take a moment to do the same- it's not a holiday just about sales and parades and even though I have to work, I will not let it go unrecognized.
Thursday, November 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment