Living in New York, there are a lot of moments that remind me of things people do in the movies or TV. Seinfeld and Sex and the City references are pretty common in my group of co-workers and friends. However, I have also realized that there are moments where I realize, my life is not a romantic comedy and that's why movies are made, to distract from the real life.
Here are some of my favorite "almost" Hollywood moments:
When I ordered a plain bagel with egg and ham (no cheese) at the cafe in our office building and a guy orders a wheat bagel with egg and ham (no cheese) - it's like when Annie and Walter in Sleepless in Seattle both order the same unusual sandwich on different breads. Although this guy and I didn't fall in love, we actually didn't even make eye contact after checking that we each got the correct bagel. But I guess it's okay because after all, Annie and Walter really weren't meant to be.
My mom and her walking buddy tried to set up their adult children. He has my email address, but he's never reached out. If my life were a rom-com, I would have met him randomly at a bar, been attracted to him and only later realized that he was the guy from the moms. But alas, I never heard from him and I'm not waiting around.
That one of my really good guy friends becomes something more. This is a story that hasn't ended, but I don't think it ever will- we're really just good friends. And its nice to have a guy to talk about relationships and dating and stuff with. I know it's not a Hollywood ending, but that doesn't matter to me- a good friend is worth way more.
For now, I'll stick to Lifetime, TBS and the likes for my overly perfect love stories.
Friday, November 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment