Wednesday, June 17, 2009

This Day in History:

1885 - The Statue of Liberty arrived in New York City aboard the French ship Isere.

The Statue of Liberty is one of my favorite landmarks in NYC. I never get tired of seeing it, and if I'm out on the water or down at the tip of the island, I always take a picture. There is something about Lady Liberty that just moves me.

On our first (and only) family trip here, we were able to go inside the crown. Definitely awesome. They are reopening the crown in July, with a lot of limitations about number of people who can go up at a time, etc. but it will be nice for other people to get to experience something so fantastic.

Anyway, just thought today is a good day to enjoy our gift from the French.

No comments:

Post a Comment