Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A True Addition

Dear Orba,

I would like my life back. I think we need to break up. And yet, you bring me such pleasure, I can't bear to give you up, even for Lent. Perhaps if there were a 12 step program to help quit you...

Love, Teresa


Orba is a silly little game available on the iPhone. The family discovered it over Christmas, and at first, I resisted, but as you know I don't like to be left out of things, so I downloaded it as well.


And now I'm addicted. The objectives are simple, try to clear the screen of the connected dots. And yet, it has a level of difficulty and you never know how the dots will fall (literally fall down the screen). I'm trying to beat my high score of 1.2 million, not to mention my mom's high score of 1.7 million.


The one element of self control regarding Orba is that is sucks the life out of the iPhone battery so I do have to plan my playing accordingly- either play while connected to the charge (not likely) or only play at the end of the day where if I run down the battery, it doesn't matter.

iPhone users out there looking for the best game to get- I highly recommend Orba, but you can't say you weren't warned about how much you'll love it.

2 comments:

  1. I downloaded it. I'm addicted. Can't type anymore because I have to get back to playing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, there are very few apps I'd pay for, but I'm going to download this and try it!

    ReplyDelete