Monday, April 26, 2010

Visit with the Parents

The last time my parents were in New York together and with me, they were moving me to the city the day after graduation. It was a stressful trip, I'm sure there was rain, and I don't think any of us remember it being a lot of fun.

So, when they said they were coming for a long weekend on the way to Boston, I was really excited. My mom and I have things we like to do when she visits and my dad unfortunately is the champ of going with me to Home Depot, the grocery store and also sporting events. This past weekend was a combination of old favorites and a few housekeeping projects.

I moved to the couch bed and planned out the weekend. We had a great time- beautiful weather on Saturday was perfect for walking across the Brooklyn Bridge and having famous Grimaldi pizza in the park. Dinner at Mesa Grill was also delicious. Sunday was rainy so we did church, brunch very near church and then headed to Costco to see about getting me a family membership (didn't work out) and also to have helpers for carrying the loot home. :)

Then we went to the Mets game Sunday night. It was damp and misty when we got there, then the heavens opened up to rain and we fled our seats. We got some dinner and ventured back to our seats, but the mood was down and the crowd was sparse. They told everyone we were welcome to move to any seat on any level outside of the dugout (so the coveted behind home plate seats were not an option). We were much happier under cover and closer to the field, especially when the heavens opened up again in the top of the sixth- we sat through some of the rain delay (in part to eliminate the walk to the subway in the downpour) but finally gave up and learned this morning they ended up calling the game.

I am a lucky girl; I got help rotating my mattress, hanging some pictures, got a clock fixed and just had a great time showing off my city and apartment.

All the pictures from the weekend are on my mom's camera, but I'm sure she'll share.

No comments:

Post a Comment