I've been given many life lessons from my parents, mostly about money now that I think about it, but in 2011 I have been really good at sticking to one of their cardinal rules.
I've been prepping the coffee maker at night so that I have coffee first thing in the morning. I know...not really a hard lesson to learn, but it does require organization and preparation.
I realized when I was at home for Christmas how nice it was to have hot coffee ready and waiting in the morning. I joke with people that going home is like visiting a bed and breakfast because the coffee is always ready and as a "guest" I don't have to worry about the prep or cleanup. But....I also decided this was behavior I could adopt.
I don't have a programmable coffee maker but I've got a good system figured out: prep the water and coffee the night before, turn the pot on while brushing teeth in the AM, hop in the shower. When I'm out of the shower, the coffee is ready to go, enjoy that first cup while checking email and then begin the day.
Not to say my only learnings from my parents comes in the form of caffeine, but as anyone who has met the Cal-Christo's knows, we're a happier crew when we have coffee in our systems.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment