Sunday, March 1, 2009

Another weekend past

I am definitely the type of person who performs better when I'm very busy. I always knew this when I was in school and have noticed it professionally once I began working full time.

But I just realized this weekend that I'm also more productive on the weekends when I have a lot to do.

Basically, I had a few of things I wanted to get done this weekend and I didn't do all of them. I think the reason is because my weekend wasn't jam packed with tasks and events. Today, I needed to wait for the closet door guy, go to the grocery store, run one other errand and do 1 load of laundry. I didn't do the laundry. I think because I know that I have other clean sheets and I had an evening of dinner and TV planned out, I didn't have a strong enough motivation to do the load of wash.

Am I lazy? Maybe so...but I'll figure it out and probably do the laundry one night after work when I've already had a busy day but need more clean towels and sheets.

I like to look at it that I really enjoy my weekends, doing what feels right and best for me at that time. It refreshes me for the work week, where I really do function better when I have a full plate of tasks and activities.

This doesn't mean I don't have the Sunday night blues... but at least I'm not starting Monday tired from my weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment