...I just play one on TV.
I love doctor/hospital shows. I think it all started when we were younger and watched the occasional Doogie Howser episode with my parents. Who doesn't fall in love with medical shows when you have an adorable 16 year old doctor who is always helping people? And his crazy friend Vinnie getting him into trouble.
I moved on to more serious medical drama with Chicago Hope and ER, sticking to ER until from 2001 or 2002 but by then, all the characters I really liked had moved on. Then came Grey's Anatomy in '05 and my college roommates and I loved it. The first two seasons were so good, it is now a little contrived, but I still love the characters and the surgical drama. I'm a new fan of House and have become so addicted I think I've now seen every episode through the re-runs on USA, just none of them in order.
But I added ER back to my DVR this winter in anticipation of the series end, since there were rumors of how they'd bring back past characters and wrap the stories up nicely.
Tonight is going to be a good night for medical TV; a new Grey's after 3 weeks of reruns and way too many dead-Denny episodes and the ER everyone has been talking about; the return of George Clooney!
From what I've gathered, Dr. Carter is getting the kidney transplant he needs and his old colleagues come in to support him; Dr's. Benton, Ross and Nurse Hathaway!
Tonight's episodes had better not be a code blue, I have lots of hope for some good TV.
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment