I am a good baker. I bake better than I cook other things, in part because of the precise measurements and the fact that I love desserts, so I'm always motivated. So, in general, I bake from scratch. Brownies or cakes out of the box are rare for me; usually only made for a last minute contribution to a pot-luck or when I just want something sweet without a lot of effort.
This is of course with the exception of FunFetti cake mix. Basically, white cake with little colored confetti sprinkles mixed in. I love FunFetti. Enough to have it be my only out of the box cake and I am usually pretty good about having a box on hand for a quick festive fix.
On Monday, while on my snow day, I watched Sunday night's Celebrity Apprentice where their first challenge was to make and sell cupcakes. I had a serious craving then and whipped up a batch of FunFetti. Thank goodness for having a box of cake and a can of frosting on hand for snow day baking!
I do also have to admit to a rather gross and funny story about FunFetti. In college, my 3 roommates and I really liked FunFetti cake, so we made it frequently. But we used to cut the 9x13 pan into quarters and give each girl her 1/4 of the cake and you had to eat it, preferably in one sitting. Clearly, we were not the anorexic co-eds you sometimes hear about.
The worst part of it is, after a couple of cakes like this, we had all built up the endurance/stomach space/sugar tolerance and could eat our quarter of the cake. It is amazing I can still eat FunFetti today. :)
PS- sorry for the blurry picture, by the time I realized how blurry it came up on the computer, I'd already finished the cupcake.
No comments:
Post a Comment