Thursday, May 14, 2009

Goodbye House

Today is moving day in Bakersfield. My parents are officially moving out of the house where I grew up. We moved in when I was almost 8 years old and I lived there until I went to Boston for school, but I always went back for the holidays and was really home.

The new house in Seal Beach is awesome; it is such a cute area and a beautiful house, but there is something sad about saying goodbye to the rooms I know, especially my bedroom that overlooks the pool, my palm tree decorated bathroom, the entryway where we performed plays and dance shows. There is the closet under the stairs we used as our barbie room and the laundry chute that lets out into "the Christmas closet" a closet that doesn't even really contain Christmas decorations.

I never really said goodbye to the house, I was there last May and knew that it was likely the last time I'd be there, but the housing market wasn't great, so I figured I'd have one more Christmas or one more swim in the pool. Alas, that was my last trip and I remember everything in its place, just like home is supposed to feel.

So, I'm making today my "thanks for the memories" day. And someday, I'll go back to the house in Bakersfield and check it out, to make sure the new family is enjoying as much as we did growing up.
Goodbye 8901 O'Meara Ct!


No comments:

Post a Comment