Thursday, May 28, 2009

Jon & Kate hate

The TLC show Jon&Kate + 8 has been in the news tons lately. And I am SO over it. These people signed up to do reality TV, they have become mini-celebrities and are now on the cover of every weekly magazine.

I do read my share of the weekly magazines and I like to read Perez during the day, so to be fair, you could say I'm seeking out their stories.

But I'm not. And even more so, I don't care. If you are having marital problems and you want to save your marriage, get off of TV, magazine covers, the Today show, GMA, etc. No one is forcing you to spotlight your life at this point; you are doing it for profit and because you like fame.

I like reality TV shows like the Bachelor, The Amazing Race, Survivor, Apprentice- because on those, you may or may not be famous after it airs. The Hills, Jon&Kate...shows like these bank on the "real" people being famous.

Anyway, I'm just ready for people to move on. There are real news stories out there and even in celebrity news, there are better things to feature and discuss than a family of 10 that is falling apart. It makes me sad but it also makes me angry because they could probably fix things if they wanted, but it would involve a private life, not reaping the benefits of TLC. (not to be confused with this TLC of course.)

Okay, venting over. But I'm also not watching that show!!!

1 comment:

  1. I really wonder if the whole thing isn't a publicity stunt in order to gain more viewers. I know I have become more interested in the show...but I totally agree that they should try to fix their lives away from the cameras.

    ReplyDelete