
I love playing board games and card games. A great perk to having a big family is that we always had enough people to play games growing up and we all had our favorites.
I entered a contest on houseparty.com to host a Hasbro Game Night with a preview of the new Trivial Pursuit "Bet You Know It" game. The party pack came with the new trivia game, Taboo (one of the best group games ever!) Electronic Catchphrase (has been on my list to buy but it's hard to find!) a bunch of boxes of Wheat Thins and Triscuits and coupons for Hasbro games for all the party attendees.
I ended up not having my "official" party this week due to other things going on but I took Trivial Pursuit to a friend's place Saturday and we tried it out. [official party still to happen, probably in July...]
There are two twists which make this a really fun new version: the questions fall into topics and then the traditional categories. So for example, your topic may be shoes and then the questions cover arts & literature, history, science & nature, sports & leisure, geography and entertainment.
The other fun twist is that you bet on if your opponents will get their question right or wrong and you can use your "money" from the bets to buy a wedge if you need it or at the end, if you're going for the winning question, you can buy the right to select your own topic and/or category. Or if you're me and having an off night, you can donate a lot of bets to the bank.
It's super fun and the questions are pretty modern. I highly recommend it and I have coupons if anyone is interested.
PS- houseparty.com is a free website where you fill out surveys to win party packs, which are marketing efforts to introduce new products to people. This was by far the best pack I've ever gotten but some of the other stuff is pretty funny so it's worth always entering.
No comments:
Post a Comment