I love that in my building, no one does laundry on Sunday nights. Coming from college, I was used to the laundry room and study lounges to be packed on Sunday night as everyone got ready for the week. But for whatever reason, I'm one of the only ones who does wash on Sundays.
However, the emptiness of the laundry room last night was a bit of a problem. See, we have laundry cards that we reload on a little machine and use to run the washers and dryers. The machines do not take any coins.
I knew I was close to being out of dough on my card so I grabbed my credit card when I took everything down. I also had just bought some new jeans and I'd been traveling the last 2 weeks, so I had 6 loads to do (sheets, darks, dark new jeans, lights, whites, reds/pinks- OCD, I know).
I get everything in the washers with $0.75 left on my card. Perfect! Refill it while I'm down here, and then in 35 minutes, toss about half in the dryers and I'll be good to go.
Except the machine was broken. Wouldn't take my credit card. Fine...I came back with cash. That didn't work. I tried to buy a new card...nope. And since it was desolate, I couldn't ask anyone if I could borrow their card or if they had a different bill to try to use.
And so, I hung up ALL of my clothes. Yes, 8 pairs of pants, a set of sheets, PJs, undies, plus the usual things I normally hang dry- dresses, gym clothes. When people feel like they're buried under their laundry (do people really say that?) I can attest that filling your bedroom, part of your living room and hanging sheets over the shower in the bathroom really makes you feel like I'm buried in clean clothes. Better than buried in dirty clothes though.
Monday, August 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment