Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Talkin' About Tennis

When I visit my family or have family/friends come visit me, I like to plan each day out, even if it is just in a general sense of what we're doing or where we're going. I think it helps a person pack and normally I'm so excited, it's a way to help curb my anticipation.

So, I'm going to CA to see the fam for a long weekend and I sent them an email outlining all the things I know we have planned (bbq, Disneyland, Dodger game, etc) and I put in my email:

"Fri- I'll probably hit some tennis balls in the morning
early afternoon- Eat, Pray, Love (I have 2 passes for us to use)
night- Dodger Game

Sat- maybe a little more tennis in the AM
dinner- bbq for Mom's birthday: tri-tip, salsa, rolls, s'mores for dessert"


Almost instantly, I get a text from Sara, "Where are you going to play tennis while you're in CA?"

A couple of hours later, email from my dad that starts "Hope you have somebody in mind to hit tennis balls at.....sorry, I mean with."

A couple of hours after that, email from Paula, "Just because I'm curious, where are you hitting these tennis balls?"

Wow- so I got their attention! In my mind, there is a park relatively close to my parents house with tennis courts. I think that it actually exists and is close by... I am also assuming these are open to the public and/or residents (which I will count myself as for the weekend). My plan is to buy an inexpensive racket at Target and go hit balls.

Literally, hit some balls to work on my serve, practice my swing by feeding the bal to myself, etc.

My tennis lessons have been on Summer Break since the end of July through the US Open and courts in the city are difficult to get (you have to have a pass that costs $100 each year to play in the park etc) so I just thought I'd keep my tennis skills fresh and enjoy the gorgeous CA weather.

The responses were just too funny. :) I did offer lessons to anyone who wanted to hit balls as well...we'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment