I hate to pay for shipping but I love to shop online. A lot of times I shop online because I need long/tall length pants or coats or size 11 shoes. Other times, it is just easier to order the sizes and colors I like from the comfort of my computer and then return whatever doesn't work. But because of this online shopping, I don't EVER want to pay for shipping. There are a few sites where I automatically get free shipping or sites that constantly have specials so it's assumed you should never have to pay.
And then there are the sites where a minimum order will give you free shipping... All you need on Amazon is $25 and sometimes I can either pay $7 for shipping or get another book for $7. The choice is clear on that one.
Then there was the time [last night] that I was ordering boots- hard to find in black size 11- and if I spent $200 I'd get free shipping. So for some reason, I started looking for things to make up the $75 dollar difference. Insane! Shipping is clearly not going to be anywhere close to $75. And yet....Nordstrom was able to get me to order more.
I actually ordered the boots in two different finishes (free shipping and choices!) and then ordered 2 different sized pairs of new Puma sneakers. These aren't really new sneakers, more like replacement sneakers. I bought the same style that I bought 6 years ago. After 6 years, one shoe has a hole in the toe and the inside cushion is pretty beat so I thought I could justify a new pair. I actually remember spending the $100 on those sneakers when I was a junior in college and telling a friend of mine that I hoped they would last until graduation. And they held up 3 times that.
And please don't judge how much I spend on shoes- because I really don't spend that much- these are just some super durable staples that I need to update for fall and winter.
Monday, September 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment