I think everyone who knows me knows that The Sound of Music is my favorite movie. As a kid, I used to watch it as much as possible on the VHS tape my parents had recorded off the TV. We used to ask out scenes with our baby sitters and I wished for stairs so that I could emulate Gretel's part of the goodbye song.
Luckily, because I'm a fan of The Sound of Music on Facebook, I found out today that they're showing the movie at this really cool movie theater in NY for the next few days. So, I was able to go yesterday afternoon to see one of the best movies of all time on a huge screen. In the fall, it was released for a sing-along special, but I wasn't able to go then, so I was really excited to catch it for this holiday special showing.
It was exactly as I remembered, but I was able to pay more attention to things like the shoes they wore and exactly how Rolf caught the family at the end since everything was large and I was paying 100% attention (you know how it is watching movies at home- checking email, getting a snack, etc) Plus, it was a great way to spend a cold Sunday afternoon.
Monday, December 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment