Here it is, Friday Dec 10 and I can honestly say I haven't been to the grocery store since Sun Nov 21. That's the Sunday before Thanksgiving. Granted, I went to my main grocery twice that weekend, Costco once and another grocery store once, so I really did get my fill, but even still....
Maybe even more shocking is that I've been able to eat pretty well at home without fresh groceries. I had apples and oranges leftover from Costco, all of the Turkey Day leftovers, some cheese, crackers, yogurt, defrosted something for dinner a couple of nights. I also have had some dinners out and went out of town for a weekend which also helps.
I actually love grocery shopping and feel that I shop almost in a European way where I buy enough to cook for one for a few days. Obviously, the pre-Thanksgiving stock up is not that way at all but it worked to my advantage these last two weeks because I've been super busy with work. I also don't drink a lot of milk, which is what usually drives people to the grocery store on a more regular basis.
I think I'll be hitting the store on Sunday since I have dinner plans Fri and Sat nights. But part of me wonders if I can go a little longer...
Friday, December 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment