Thursday, December 9, 2010

Seasonal Treats!

I'm a sucker for holiday/seasonal flavored foods. I think there is something about the "limited time" offer that reels me in, but they are also usually flavors I love. Pumpkin, Peppermint, Gingerbread, Spicy Cinnamon (like in cider)...

My favorites so far this year:
Dunkin Donuts Brew-At-Home Pumpkin Spice coffee- it didn't taste like pumpkin, but had a nice cinnamon and nutmeg subtle flavor. I even won over some picky coffee drinkers wiht it and we finished it off over Thanksgiving. I can't wait to try the Mint Mocha coffee I bought at the same time as the Pumpkin, I'm hoping it will be a nice subtle minty chocolate flavor.

Trader Joes Peppermint Pretzel Chips- I have no idea if that's what these are called, but they are delicious! I was at a holiday party last weekend and these were put out on the dessert table. Picture pretzel chip, with white chocolate fudge and then crushed up peppermints. You get the salty, the sweet, and the mint. So good! I'm hoping Santa finds them and tucks them in my stocking so I can have more :-)

Gingerbread latte from Starbucks- I'm usually a skim cappuchino or skim iced latte kinda girl, but when it's cold and holiday time, I let myself indulge a little on a Gingerbread latte (still skim milk, but with whipped cream- what can I say, I love being an oxymoron).

Gingerbread donuts from Dunkin' Donuts- they are light and fluffy like a cake donut but with a delicious gingerbread taste and a yummy donut glaze. I have a weakness for donuts to begin with and these do not disappoint.
Holiday Flavors I'm looking forward to:
Gingerbread flavored graham crackers- these are made by HoneyMaid and I haven't tried them yet (though they're in my pantry), but I'm very curious if they'll taste like grahams or gingersnaps. Or a little bit of both. I bet they'd be good for the crust of a pumpkin cheesecake- too bad I already made one in November, otherwise, I'd be interested to try it out

Mocha Mint Coffee- see above

All the Christmas cookies I'm going to make! I have two new recipes I want to try out, plus a peppermint fudge recipe and bourbon pecan balls.

I guess I'll be making a healthy eating resolution coming January once I eat my way through all of these seasonal specials.

No comments:

Post a Comment