I can pretty much guarantee that anytime I am making a specific recipe or buying groceries that will deter from the usual standards, I have to go to two grocery stores. One never has all the ingredients I need/want.
Now, to clarify, I am not usually looking for anything out of the ordinary that you would think would require a special trip to say, a specialty store. Instead, it is the opposite. I can buy the most random things at my main grocery, such as matzo ball soup in a can, Stromboli, mallow mars, chicken sausage, parsnips....the list goes on of things I wouldn't normally look for at the grocery store. But when I'm looking for things like spice cake mix, green tea, frozen bread dough....never at the store I'm at.
This weekend, I was buying all the food for my Superbowl party. I was hosting and was making the bulk of the food, so I needed ingredients for Turtle brownies, Chili, Buffalo Chicken Dip, and Veggies and dip. Nothing too crazy. Guess what I had to go to the second store for...diced chilies in a can for the chili. There is a very small Mexican food section in every grocery store near my apt. (nicely located next to the Jewish section, I must note) and my main store normally has the chilies. But this time, no luck.
Anyway, it just baffles me that literally every time I have a specific list for the store, I either have to substitute or eliminate something or make a second stop. Or, like this past weekend, sometimes the store doesn't have a product it normally carries.
Apologies for the grocery gripe, but at least I can laugh at it. :)
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment