Thursday, February 12, 2009

When time feels slow

You know how sometimes time feels like it is moving slower than normal? Like when the 5 minutes you wait in line to order food or go to the bathroom feels like forever, because there is nothing to distract you from the waiting.

I used to always think the 1 or 2 minutes waiting for the washer to finish was the worst, because you'd sit there watching it, wondering how 1 min, made up of 60 seconds, could really be dragged out so long. But again, it is because there is nothing to do but sit there and stare at the washer in the laundry room in the basement.

Yesterday I realized when 30 seconds can feel long. When you are showing a new 30 second commercial to your clients. And suddenly, it feels like a very long time because you are waiting for the reaction when it is over. At least watching it is entertaining, but still makes for a long half- minute.

And then on the flip side, I always think it will take forever to unload the dishwasher (and mind you, I can put everything away without taking more than one step in my kitchen) but then I'll put food in the microwave, unload the DW and be amazed that I finished before the food is ready.

Hope reading this post felt quick and refreshing, it probably only took you a minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment