I hate being out of the loop on things. Especially something that is trendy/in the news/noteworthy. This does not mean I bought ugly crocs because lots of people did, it means I joined Facebook WAY back in spring of my sophomore year of college when it first started because it sounded cool.
I like being up to date on technology; I was one of the first people I knew to have an iPod and later upgraded to an iPhone before they went down in price. So I'm not quite an early adapter, but I like to be close to the beginning.
So now my question is should I join Twitter?
I know that at this point, if I join, it is not the cool early stages. Rather, it has reached a saturation point- Twitter is all over the media, including crashing two weeks ago when they talked about it on The View.
If I choose to join, I will be doing it only so that I don't feel like I am missing out on some sort of social networking/communication tool. And I don't' think I'll use it enough, in part because most of my friends are not Twittering or Tweeting.
I'm still thinking about it, and trying to brainstorm a clever Twitter name...but until then, does anyone have compelling reasons to join or not join? I'm definitely looking for opinions.
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm on Twitter, but I mostly read as opposed to posting. I could take it or leave it, although I know some people use it in a Facebook way.
ReplyDeleteits a trend. and your absolutely right about it hitting its saturation point. its a down hill battle from here i think.
ReplyDeletei just dont understand why people think they are important enough to tweet exactly what they are doing/thinking all day long.buts its also fun and eye opening to read what celebs and people of influence have to say.
so...in general im guessing this comment is no help at all.