Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Summer food

I think warm weather puts me in the mood for Mexican food. I could think very deeply about this and say it is a psychological way of connecting with growing up in hot Bakersfield and there being a plethora of fantastic Mexican food in Bako.

Or it could be that when the weather warms, I just don't want soups anymore.

Either way, after a ridiculous amount of rain it finally warmed and dried out and in the past 5 days, I've had 5 meals that are Mexican based.

Friday lunch was fantastic Chiptole, Sunday brunch was a delicious breakfast burrito, eaten outside with the girls at brunch, Monday lunch was a fiesta bowl salad (basically take the bowl of lettuce at the salad bar and top it with burrito filling instead of veggies and salad dressing) Monday dinner was homemade enchiladas (okay...the sauce is from a can) and then lunch was leftovers.

Lots of spicy food and guacamole. Gotta love warm weather and Mexican food!

1 comment:

  1. I love Mexican food! There's probably some good places in the city, eh? One thing I wish Providence had was some good Mexican food...it's just not the same as the authentic stuff on the west coast. :)

    ReplyDelete