Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A Warm (footed) Winter

Last winter was super snowy and cold. It was actually pretty beautiful, but I like a little bit of snow mixed into my cold winters so I didn't mind.

But I did realize that I need either more non-descript rain boots that I could wear on a day where I'd maybe go from work to dinner to the ballet in a blizzard. True story about that, and no rain boots sadly, because mine were not fancy enough to make it to Lincoln Center for the show.

Or I need actual snow boots. Preferably something basic and practical but again, that I could potentially wear to work and then out.

Here are the two options I'm deciding between:




Both are pretty classic in design, durable so I trust that they won't wear out and the costs are good- one is a bit cheaper, but neither is a scary number for good boots.

But the question is; which is more practical to have? And am I jinxing myself to either have a rainy or snowy winter by buying one and not the other (and it will naturally be whichever boot I don't buy- i.e. I buy snow boots, it's rain all winter long).

I'm looking for opinions, please comment below. And for my fabulous family who doesn't know how to comment here or who gets a special email "subscription" to my blog, you can just text/email me your thoughts. But I have to act fast, the Hunter boots are already sold out in my size on one website.



1 comment:

  1. I have the Hunter rain shoes, and I don't love them as much as I should considering how much they cost. I'd go with the boots pictured on top, if I were you.

    - Liz

    ReplyDelete