Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Retail Therapy?

I have said many times before how much I love Costco and how much I love being able to have suburban conveniences in the big city. But at the same time, Costco is such a money saver that it allows me to "indulge" a little bit.

Basically, when I was a kid, I loved going to Costco to get lunch stuff (pre packaged chips, cookies, other treats...) and sometimes computer games or art supplies. Now, I'm excited by my log of goat cheese, salmon, prosciutto, asparagus, croissants....gourmet treats an a reasonable price. And of course, there is the practicality of getting toilet paper, Ziploc bags, dishwasher detergent and other staples at a discount price. If my Costco sold alcohol, I'd be very excited for the beer and wine as well.

I went this last weekend to help get over The Januaries and also because I was out of many of my staples from there (salmon, yogurt, cheese, bottled water). Sadly, I need to exchange something but I don't actually mind going back and as long as I don't buy too much (which I won't because I don't have fridge or freezer space for anything more) and can take the bus home.

[A friend of mine wrote about her love of Target today and I had just been to Costco, so I guess it's declare your retail love in the blogosphere ]

1 comment:

  1. I too LOVE Costco. They sell bigger bags of my favorite types of Potato Chips that are normally sold in smaller bags in normal and organic stores. Plus there's something comforting about knowing that I don't have to worry about running out of toilet paper for a while :-)

    ReplyDelete