Sunday, February 13, 2011

Am I a workaholic?

This could be a sign I'm a workaholic- the last few times I've taken time off from work, I return sick. I was on vacation in CA for a week in August and couldn't go in the day I was due back because I felt so awful- a few days later went to the doctor and I had a throat infection. In December, I took 2 days off to give myself a long weekend before the holidays and then missed two more days because I was out with strep.

And now, this past weekend, I took Friday off to go skiing- felt a cold coming on Friday morning but took lots of medicine, drank a lot of water and (obviously) went on the trip and felt okay. Flash forward to Sunday afternoon, home from the trip. Super stuffy, head hurts, little bit of sore throat. I'm sure it is just a cold but seriously? Do I have to get sick every time I take time off of work?

This could mean two things- 1, I need to keep working incredibly hard in order to not get sick or 2, I work so hard that the minute I slow down, I get sick.

I actually don't think it's either of these, but purely a coincidence, however,  it's still annoying. And as of now (Sun, 9:45 pm) I'm planning to go to work Monday AM bright and early. Wish me luck and I'll grab a big glass of orange juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment