I am a terrible skier. I may look the part....
...but I am slow and steady and have to think about how I'm going to get down the mountain sometimes. I wish I could fly fearlessly down but it's apparently not my ski style. I think I like the lessons (where you stay on baby mountains and boost your confidence) and the apres ski activities the most (hot chocolate at the bottom of the mountain, wine and board games back at the house, a fireplace...) but I'm going to keep skiing until I get better and more confident.
This past weekend was a ton of fun (minus getting a cold) and I'm tempted to try to get in another weekend this year so I can keep my skills "sharp" but we'll have to see...
Also, best peer pressure and $10 ever spent on the helmet rental- it's safe, keeps your head warm, and really, with the goggles and my ski bib, it's not like the helmet made me look un-cool. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment