Friday, February 25, 2011

And The Oscar Goes To....

It's no secret that I love award shows. I pretty much watch them all (even the daytime emmys, which is mostly soap operas and I don't even watch those anymore!) and although the Oscars are the most note-worthy, my favorites are the Golden Globes.

Regardless, I'm excited for Sunday night- I'll probably have some champagne and chocolates while I tune in to the big show.

In January, I felt very strongly about my top picks for Best Actor and Actress and Best Picture. And my picks won at the Golden Globes. However, I then saw The Fighter and I'm all confused about who should win best picture. But I've seen most of the movies in play and thought I'd do a little prediction. It's locked here in the blogosphere, so we'll see how well I do come Sunday. My picks are bold and in blue.

Performance by an actor in a leading role

Javier Bardem in “Biutiful”
Jeff Bridges in “True Grit”
Jesse Eisenberg in “The Social Network”
Colin Firth in “The King's Speech”
James Franco in “127 Hours”

Performance by an actor in a supporting role

Christian Bale in “The Fighter”
John Hawkes in “Winter's Bone”
Jeremy Renner in “The Town”
Mark Ruffalo in “The Kids Are All Right”
Geoffrey Rush in “The King's Speech”

Performance by an actress in a leading role

Annette Bening in “The Kids Are All Right”
Nicole Kidman in “Rabbit Hole”
Natalie Portman in "The Black Swan"
Jennifer Lawrence in “Winter's Bone”
Michelle Williams in “Blue Valentine”
 
Performance by an actress in a supporting role

Amy Adams in “The Fighter”
Helena Bonham Carter in “The King's Speech”
Melissa Leo in “The Fighter”
Hailee Steinfeld in “True Grit”
Jacki Weaver in “Animal Kingdom”

Best motion picture of the year

“Black Swan” (Fox Searchlight)
“The Fighter” (Paramount)
“Inception” (Warner Bros.)
“The Kids Are All Right” (Focus Features)
“The King's Speech” (The Weinstein Company)
“127 Hours” (Fox Searchlight)
“The Social Network” (Sony Pictures Releasing)
“Toy Story 3” (Walt Disney)
“True Grit” (Paramount)
“Winter's Bone” (Roadside Attractions)

No comments:

Post a Comment