Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Restaurant Week

Twice a year, New York has Restaurant Week, where for 2 or 3 weeks, a lot of high end restaurants offer a prix-fix menu, $25 for lunch and $35 for dinner; you get an appetizer, an entree, and dessert. I always use these weeks to try out cool restaurants that are not normally in my budget.

This year, I did dinner at Butter, which is a strange hybrid of a nightclub/restaurant. The first time I heard of it was about 4 years ago and it was a place where the Olsen twins liked to hang out. So, it is a place to see and be seen. Not exactly my style. However, as a restaurant, it was great. The food was amazing. I had a grilled octopus salad, duck confit and raspberry beignets for dessert. All were delicious.

Yesterday, I was a lady who lunches, since I am on my staycation, and met a friend at the Oak Room in the Plaza Hotel. We both had a delicious salad to start, which was enough food to be a normal sized lunch. Then we had burgers, which I know, a burger from the Plaza? But, the waiter recommended it and when we saw people eating them, think beef on a perfect roll with crispy fries, we knew we had to try them. Delicious! And giant. I finished off my lunch with a strawberry and mascapone cheese tart. And then went home and wanted to nap.

Tonight is Mesa Grill, Bobby Flay's southwestern restaurant. This may be my favorite restaurant in New York. I have been twice for Restaurant Week and once for my birthday with my mom. So I'm excited for it tonight and already have a pretty good idea of what I'm going to order, since they post the restaurant week menus online.

And after all this eating out, I need to stick to salad and hit the gym, but it is so worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment