Sunday, July 19, 2009

Vacation All I Ever Wanted (the Go-Gos)

Instead of the usual Sunday gloom, bemoaning the end of the weekend and starting to think about work, I am enjoying the bliss of being on VACATION.

I think I am a workaholic. I haven't had two consecutive work days off since Christmas. I've had some long weekends but those aren't the same as multiple business days out of the office.

The first part of my week off is a little NY staycation. I have the AC repair guy coming and I need to get my living room window put back on track, but I also have some fun planned: lunch with a friend, seeing the new Harry Potter, getting my nails done. Plus tennis, catching up on some TV, and just enjoying having my own schedule for a couple of days. Then, it is off to CA for some family time.

Maybe it is better to work super hard and be desperate for a vacation, because then it is more enjoyable.

Um...no way.

I need to just try harder to enjoy the days my company gives us, there is no carry-over to the next year and no prize for working more than the rest of the team.

In the mean time, I'm having fun until I absolutely have to think about work.

No comments:

Post a Comment