"The Postmaster General announced this week that he expects the Postal Service annual deficit to reach a whopping $7 billion, and he continued to push for five-days-a-week delivery — which would save $3 billion a year."
This makes me sad. Mostly because I love mail. Real mail, delivered to my box, 6 days a week. I get magazines, catalogs, junk, bills, and the occasional note or thank you card from people. But it is the highlight of my day, checking and getting the mail. Even when it goes straight into the recycling, I still like to get it.
I also love to send mail. I frequently send people random articles I've found in magazines that make me think of them. I try to send nice notes and cards without specific occasions to people. The Forever stamps are perfect for me, its all I buy and then I never have to worry about not having enough postage. As a result though, I have no idea how much stamps are now and no idea how much it costs to send all my fun little cards.
I don't really get a lot of articles or cards in return, but that's okay with me. Sending the mail is just as fun for me as it is to receive it.
I also laugh about what the mail delivery people must learn and know about us. I assume they take notice of interesting/unusual things, similar to the way you notice the odd grocery purchases in line next to you (that's a blog for another day for sure!). For instance, my mail carrier must know that I'm a young single woman, the staples in my mail are: catalogs, magazines, Netflix and the occasional wedding invitation or thank you card.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Haha I know exactly how you feel! I LOVE getting mail-- it was the highlight of my day in college, and it still is-- Mainly for the netflix :-)
ReplyDelete