Anyway, it occurred to me that I did a couple of things I never do and felt like I was a heroine in one of the chick-lit books I love so much. Here's how my evening went, do you agree?
- Left work and stopped at the grocery store for a baguette (I know, who in real life buys a baguette to have with dinner!) and some broccoli.
- Came home, changed into gym clothes, sorted the laundry and spent 15 minutes on the couch convincing myself I must get up, start the laundry and GO TO THE GYM.
- Post-workout, made dinner, poured myself a glass of wine, watched TV.
- Ate an obscene amount of Girl Scout cookies before folding the wash.
- Took a bubble bath [side note, how do these fictional women always have such clean baths that are bubble-bath ready all the time? I felt like I need to bleach the shower before taking a bath next time...]
- Finished my wine post bath while watching TV in bed, loaded up the dishwasher, prepped the coffee for the morning and then fell asleep.
It was quite a lovely evening and if I even want to take a stab at writing my own chick-lit, I'll use these experiences for reference. But, it didn't feel like reality. I should have paid some bills, read a book instead of just watching TV or just taken a post-gym shower like normal people. Though it is good to take a break from the norm.
No comments:
Post a Comment