Schlepping: present participle of schlep (Verb) Haul or carry
One of the things most people ask me about living in NYC is if I have a car. This question used to make me laugh thinking that people were crazy to think I had a car. But now I do know a couple of people who reverse commute and drive. Or people who keep a car so that they can get away on the weekends easily. So now I only laugh a little but no I do not have a car.
And normally, not having a car is great- why drive when you have subways, buses, taxis and your own two feet to get around?
Lately though, I began to remember how nice it is to keep things in your car during the day. Last week, I had a few minutes to spare before heading downtown to meet people for dinner and I needed a dress for Saturday night- the good news was I found a great dress on sale, the bad news, I had to carry it to dinner and drinks that night. Kind of annoying. Same with carrying my lunch dishes around if I go out for drinks after work, or bringing my tennis bag into Starbucks to pick up coffee on the way into work.
It's not really a big deal because everyone has to do these things, but every now and then, I wish I could just carry my purse and be on my way without worrying about schlepping shoes/dishes/food/etc around the city with me.
Tuesday, May 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Theresa- I have totally started lurking on your blog and I love it! Glad you are having amazing adventures. What fun!
ReplyDelete