Saturday, May 21, 2011

Pomp and Circumstance

I love graduations. Seriously, love the music, the caps & gowns, the excited families, the even more excited students. I love the whole idea of graduation so much I don't mind sitting through the reading of a million* names waiting for the one we came to hear.

So...I am very sad I am not watching my sister get her master's degree today. But I am there in heart and spirit and when I see her in July, maybe she'll do a little re-enactment for me, a la Gilmore Girls**

And Sara, I hope you enjoyed the surprise that came your way this weekend!!! Hard secret to keep!

*probably not a million, just sometimes feels like it

** From the series finale:
LORELAI:  Like “Hey Luke can you make all the burgers for Rory’s re-enactment graduation party?” you know.
RORY: What re-enactment graduation party?
LORELAI: It’s just a graduation re-enactment party we’re gonna have for all the people who couldn’t go to your actual graduation.
RORY: Re-enactment, how?
LORELAI: All you have to do is throw on that cap and gown again, you know and go up on a little podium again, that someone is gonna build and listen to the high school band play “Pomp and Circumstance”.
RORY: Mom!
LORELAI: What it’s a party, it’s gonna be fun!
RORY: Ah, you own me.

No comments:

Post a Comment