Monday, May 16, 2011

Only in NY?

I was totally that girl today. You know, the one who people talk about with their coworkers or friends later. Not in a terribly bad way, but more of a "you wouldn't believe the wacky thing I saw on the subway today" way.

So let me explain. First off, I am a little lazy when it comes to doing my makeup for everyday wear. But I like to wear a little.

I had an appointment with the dermatologist this morning so no makeup to be wore there. Yikes! Okay, not really- I frequently run errands on the weekends with just moisturizer and mascara on and I'm as happy as can be. And that's what I had on this AM.

Anyway, I packed a few makeup basics so that I could "put on my face" after my appointment. And naturally, I forgot when I was paying and leaving. So, I'm sitting on the subway, one stop away from work and realize I need to put some makeup on. No big deal because I use compact foundation so I can do this quickly on the train.

Except it's not any old compact foundation; it's L'Oreal's True Match Roller. Which I mocked when it first came out (and yeah, I totally did the advertising for it) - and then I tried it and loved it.

So there I was on the train, using my little foundation paint roller on my face and I could feel the guy across from me watching and I'm sure thinking "what the heck is this girl doing?" But I wouldn't look up; for one, it'd break my concentration and I was in a hurry and two, I felt like enough of a fool, I couldn't make eye contact to confirm I was that girl.

And in case you're curious; here's what I'm talking about- totally recommend it if you are looking for something easy to use, lightweight coverage, decently priced and a total conversation starter. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment