Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I Don't Like Funny Movies

"I don't like funny movies" - I actually said that a few years ago and my coworkers had a field day laughing and subsequently making fun of me. But, they knew what I meant. Those slapstick, gross, just really dumb movies that are marketed as funny are not my thing.

I usually ask people when the big summer "comedies" come out if I should see it or wait for the DVD. 99% of the time, people tell me to wait.

One exception I can think of is the Hangover. I actually really liked the first one. Saw it with my parents on on-demand a couple of Christmases ago, but I still enjoyed it.

So, this weekend, I made big progress; I saw both Hangover 2 and Bridesmaids. Both of which I would say fall into that "funny" movie category.

Both had high points and low points but I think I preferred Hangover 2 to Bridesmaids. I won't give anything away, just suffice it to say, if I liked both, chances are, anyone who likes those kinds of movies will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment